The prostate gland is a part of the male reproductive system, located at the base of the bladder. Men commonly experienced prostate issues when they age. These issues include:
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) – enlargement of the prostate gland, which can be asymptomatic.
- Urinary incontinence due to enlarged prostate gland, symptoms may include
- Feeling difficulty in emptying the bladder
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Getting up at night to urinate
- Difficulty urinating and dribbling of urine.
- Prostatitis – inflammation of the prostate gland. The may cause symptoms such as:
- Lower back and groin pain
- Urgent and frequent urination
- Prostate cancer – the most commonly diagnosed cancer in males
Naturopathic treatment using herbs, nutritional supplements, lifestyle and dietary changes can help to alleviate the symptoms of prostatic disorder, address prostate heath, and improve overall quality of life.